Air Purifiers are used for filtering the air from dust particles, cigarette smoke, pet hairs, gasses etc.
For those people who smoke regularly or the environment of their houses is smoky, it becomes very difficult for them to keep the atmosphere fresh.
Instead of trying different sorts of candles it is recommended for them to use Air Purifiers. These purifiers may be a bit expensive but they really work like a charm.
Keeping in mind the importance of Air Purifiers, in this buying guide we have collected details about top 10 best Air Purifiers for a smoke. So sit back and give this buying guide a read.
What “TYPE” of Purifiers are available?
There are three types of Air Purifier:
TSS Purifiers which use the combination of heat and cooling to kill bacteria’s and other smoke particles. Then comes UVGI Purifiers which use ultraviolet rays to kill germs and dust particles. And the most common type of Purifier is HEPA (Highly Effective Particulate Arrestance) which uses HEPA filters to remove smoke, dust, pollen and other mycobacteria from the air. This type of Purifier is very effective and useful as it removes bacteria’s up to 99.97% and works like a charm. However, these three aren’t the only Purifiers there are many more like Ionizers, PCO’s etc.
How Air Purifiers Work ?
Top 10 Best Air Purifier reviews for cigarette Smoke:
10) Car Air Purifier, FRiEQ Car Air Freshener and Ionic Air Purifier
As the name suggests, this Car Air Purifier is best suited if you are smoking in car and want to get rid of the smoke immediately. With the use of this FRIEQ Car Air Freshener, you can release up to 4.8 million negative ions/cm³. These negative ions destroys the smoke particles and the ones which cause smell. One important thing to remember here is while using this purifier, the voltage level should not exceed 12V.
- This Purifier destroys smoke particles of even marijuana and gives your car the natural environment.
- Very easy to install.
- Very lightweight and small in size.
- Reasonable price.
- This Purifier produces a high pitch noise like “humm” which is quite ridiculous.
- Some buyers complain that the only good thing in this Car Air Freshener is the blue light.
9) Ivation Ozone Generator Air Purifier, Ionizer & Deodorizer
Have you ever noticed the clean and refreshing smell after a thunderstorm? Enjoy that same smell with this Ivation Ozone Air Purifier. This Ivation Air Purifier makes your surroundings cool and fresh with the help of negative ions. The powerful ion energy purifies the environment at the rate of 3,500 Square/Ft. The Ozone Generator requires less power as compared to other filters, and features better ion quality.
- Improves Air Quality immediately.
- The design of this Air Purifier is very attractive and durable.
- The separate ozone pump releases fresh oxygen particles which cause an immediate change in atmosphere.
- Affordable price.
- Ozone involvement makes this Purifier a little harmful for health.
8) Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier
Highly recommended by Doctors, this Honeywell Air Purifier reduces the amount of pollen, dust particles and smoke from your house. This is specifically designed for large spaces and its filter has very high releasing efficiency. The powerful filter of Honeywell Purifier captures the particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Other than capturing small particles, this purifier also grabs the big ones like lint, dust and fur particles. The electronic filter indicator tells when to clean or change the filter and also eliminates gasses.
- Helps in reducing dust allergies.
- Powerful filter.
- Very inexpensive.
- Easy to maintain.
- Noisy and bulky.
- Design is not stylish.
- Consumes more power.
- Produces severe chemical smell.
7) Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave, and Odor Reducing Carbon Filter
An evolutionary Air Purifier model which is made perfectly for the home environment. You can easily clean dust, pet hairs, and smoke particles with this Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier. One main property of this Air Purifier is its high CADR rate – which is 360/square ft. Ideal for medium and large sized bedrooms and kitchens, the cleaning process of this Air Purifier involves 3 steps – Carbon Filter, HEPA Filter and PlasmaWave Technology.
- Its 3 stage cleaning process cleans 99.97% dust and smoke particles.
- Great buy for marijuana smokers.
- Does not produce any smell like other purifiers.
- Reasonable price.
- Ideal for the people who have a dust
- Very easy to assemble.
- Not perfect for removing Smokey smells.
6) Honeywell HFD-120-Q Quiet Clean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters
This Honeywell Air Purifier cleans up to 99% of allergens, dust and smoke particles. The filter of this purifier is washable and never requires replacement. Honeywell Air Purifier features a LED touch button for changing speed. These irreplaceable filters save you a lot of money as you don’t need to spend on the filters once you have bought this Purifier.
Have a look at this video for in-depth product review.
As far as performance is concerned, there is no match for this Honeywell Air Purifier. It circulates air 5 times more than a normal purifier. This smooth and extremely portable Purifier meritoriously and quietly captures a variety of destructive indoor particles for example dust, pollen, pet hairs and tobacco smoke.
- Perfect for smoke smells.
- Washable filters.
- Very easy to use.
- Affordable price.
- Produces toxic chemical smell.
5) Ionic Air Purifier, USB Portable Air Ionizer Ozone Freshener
A simple and small unit but yet has greater results – that is what Ionic Air Purifier is all about. This purifier is made with latest Microcomputer Technology and that’s why you don’t need to change its filters again and again. Just wash them and use them again.
This Air Ionizer is perfect protecting foods in the refrigerator as it kills Combat bacteria immediately. Other than killing bacteria’s, it also refreshed the internal environment of the refrigerator. One distinct property of this Purifier is its Whisper Quiet Operation. With this technology, you can keep it turned on for the whole night without any noise. It is very easy to operate – just press the power button for ON/OFF. You can easily charge with its USB portable charger.
- Does not require filter changing.
- Very easy to use.
- Affordable price.
- Built using the latest
- Very useful for refrigerator foods.
- Perfect for all types of smells.
- Stops working after some time.
- Too small for big rooms.
- Loose assembling.
- Manufacturing material is not up to the standard.
- The presence of ozone can be dangerous for your lungs.
4) Holmes HEPA-Type Desktop Air Purifier, 3 Speeds plus Optional Ionizer, HAP242-NUC
Best suited for the small sized room (10 by 11 feet), this Holmes Air Purifier makes your room’s environment fresh. This desktop Air Purifier removes dust particles from air up to 99%. Due to its slim design, the Purifier is best suited for the table use horizontally or vertically. It also has an indicator which indicates the filter change when the life of the filter completes.
One best thing about this Air Purifier is the settings options for speed change. It has 3-speed options for different conditions.
- Dual positioning design.
- Optional ionizer.
- Optional speed settings.
- Slim design and easy to use.
- Affordable price.
- Filter change pointer.
- Easy to clean.
- Very noisy.
- Causes eye’s allergy.
3) Hamilton Beach True Air 04532GM Room Odor Eliminator
This Hamilton Beach Purifier traps dust from your room and sends fresh air into the room. The main benefit of using this Purifier is that it does not produce any noise and has a quiet fan. Its three carbon filter removes the unwanted smell and provides the fresh air into your room.
The size of Hamilton Beach Purifier is just under 8 inches and it is very easy to use. Due to its smaller size, it uses very less energy as compared to other purifiers. It is best suited for a 10×10 size room. Speed adjustment option makes this purifier very easy to operate – use low-speed option for nights and the high speed for nasty room conditions. The three carbon filter of this purifier eliminates any kind of bad odor from the rooms and sends fresh air into the room.
- Small in size.
- Very easy to operate.
- Consumes less energy.
- Does not work in big rooms.
- Filters are expensive.
2) Germ Guardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA Filter
Best suited for a medium sized room, this Germ Guardian Air Cleaner features a true HEPA filter and has multiple levels of cleaning. It is best for capturing allergens, bacteria, dust particles and airborne viruses.
First, the combination of two filters (charcoal filter and pre-filter) captures the large dust particles and common household particles. After the removal of large particles, the HEPA filter removes airborne particles up to 99.7%. According to a study, most doctors in the United States recommend GermGuardian Air Cleaner to reduce asthma allergy.
- Ideal for medium sized rooms.
- Works on multiple levels of cleaning.
- Ultra quiet.
- Highly recommended for asthma patients.
- Helpful for allergic people.
- Plug and play – very easy to use.
- Not suitable for big rooms.
1) O-Ion B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer with UV-C Sanitizer, New
With the use of UVGI (Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation) technology, this O-Ion Filter cleans the air of your room and reduce odors. This Air Filter consumes only 7.5W energy and has very cheap replaceable filters. Its negative ions remove all sorts of airborne pollutants like pollens, dust particles, and smoke particles.
It has a noiseless whispering fan which makes it more useful in nights. You can turn it on for all night. The combination of Ozone power and Carbon filtration reduces all airborne pollutants. It has 2 fans speed options – low speed and high speed and you can use it accordingly.
- Uses the latest technology like UVGI for eliminating germs.
- Consumes less power.
- Very easy to use.
- Noiseless fan.
- Nice and compact size.
- Presence of ozone may cause some damage to your health.
Choosing a good Air Purifier can be tough but there are some points to remember while buying an Air Purifier.
- Look for the one which is noiseless but if you have no issue with the noise then ignore this point.
- The best Air Purifier always have an ionizer and durable filter.
- Prefer the one which has replaceable filters.
- If you are allergic to chemicals, do not buy one which has ozone.
- Buy according to the size of your room.
- Should consume less power.
- 10 Best Synthetic Motor Oils (High Mileage Engine Oil Reviews)
- Best Electric & Gas Weed Eaters
- 14 Best Shower Filter for hard water
Air purifiers are typically designed to remove any sort of smoke present around you. There are a lot of smoke purifiers which are just waste of money and time and it is very difficult to choose one which works like a charm.
Wrapping it up, O-Ion B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer with UV-C Sanitizer is our choice as the best Air Purifier. It has all the facilities a good purifier should have. This purifier has a great balance between its features and price. And it really works like a charm.
Other purifiers are either too expensive or too cheap and do not fulfills the standards of a good purifier. The presence of ozone in it may cause some damage for allergic people but it gives great results. However, if you are looking for something cheap you may go for other purifiers listed above.